Ascendo SMSG24 24″ Active Subwoofer
R298,000.00 – R340,000.00 Incl. VAT
ASCENDO SMSG24: High-end performance fully active, AVB-enabled and DSP controlled 24″ infrasonic woofer (sealed enclosure)
- The SMSG 24 is a specialized active infrasonic woofer, in a sealed enclosure, tuned to fit the ASCENDO CCRM speaker series for an uncompromising cinema and/or high-end stereo performance.
- It meets the highest demands in low-end control and extension, dynamics, sound pressure, and playback quality.
- The SMSG24 is particularly suitable as an infrasonic bass system in all home cinema installations or commercial cinemas or high-end stereo systems, for uncompromising demands.
The SMSG24 has an incredible 24″ driver that has been designed and built based on the latest FEA design to perform in a sealed enclosure playing notes as low as 10Hz and will outperform any large cone subwoofer on the worldwide market in sound quality and SPL output below 30Hz. Maximum SPL is an incredible 122dB at 30Hz. The 24″ woofer offers the biggest linear excursion of any subwoofer worldwide.
The SMSG24 also offers features such as AVB (Audio Video Bridge) Network compatibility, 6 kW RMS system performance, extensive DSP control, and tablet-based graphical user interface.
AVB is the networking standard for the next generation, offering high-definition lossless audio and video streaming with perfect synchronicity and negligible latency. It is predestined for perfect playback of 3D immersive surrounds sound formats such as Dolby ATMOS, Auro-3D, and DTS:X for a shockingly spacial sound that dissolves from the screen and immerses the viewer completely.
The SMSG24 is suitable as an infrasonic bass system in all installations (cinema or hi-fi) for uncompromising demands. We recommend 1 sub in medium/large installations. All the loudspeakers from our CCRM and SMS series can be combined and are particularly suitable for modern 3D applications on the basis of Dolby ATMOS, Auro-3D and DTS:X
The last generation of highly efficient Class D amplifiers powers the SMS subs. No fan noise can disturb the listening experience because the amps are passively cooled.
ASCENDO’s technology is also integrateable with all reputable home automation solutions; and is also compatible with legacy analogue output systems.
• Amplifier: 6kW RMS
• Peak output current: 30A
• THD+N: 0.003%
• Dynamic range : 120dB
• Standby consumption: 0.3W
• Ethernet AVB: 100 Mbit/s Fast Ethernet
• Connectivity: RJ-45 / Cat. 5
• Switch: 2 port Fast Ethernet Switch, AVB compliant
• Streaming Technology: Ethernet AVB compliant, 500 ns synchronicity, 2 ms latency, 2 streams / 8 ch per stream, 48/96 kHz
• Comand & Control : UNOS
• DSP channels: 2
• Sensitivity / Impedance : 8 dBU / 20 kΩ
• Analog Input : 2 x XLR female
• Technology: Sealed bass design
• Max SPL : 122 dB SPL @ 30Hz
• Frequency response: 10Hz – 80Hz
• Woofer: Custom built 24“ (62 cm) woofer with solid cast aluminum frame driver, 5“ (13 cm) voice coil, double-oversized 12″ spider and 90 mm linear excursion
• Finish: PU structural paint, Genuine piano lacquer black/white (other colors on demand), High resistant black matt Polyurea paint. Other colors and surfaces on demand
• Dimensions : 700 x 500 x 1100 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
• Net weight: 110 kg