Bowers & Wilkins 606 S2 Anniversary Edition Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
An icon enhanced.
The new 606 S2 Anniversary Edition takes the award-winning 606 formula and improves upon it. By complementing the Continuum cone and Decoupled Double-dome tweeter with an enhanced cross-over design and a beautiful new finish, 606 is now even more appealing to even more music lovers.
Layered, beautiful details.
The new 606 S2 Anniversary Edition adopts a refined and upgraded version of the proven Decoupled Double Dome tweeter, offering 38kHz breakup performance. The result? An accurate and immersive reproduction of your favourite music.
Truly amazing sound.
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the revolutionary Continuum cone, as found in our flagship 800 Series Diamond. Once reserved for only our most revered models, Continuum brings you a cleaner and more accurate performance.
Upgraded and optimized crossovers.
As well as celebratory cosmetic changes, 600 Series Anniversary Edition also benefits from a new optimized crossover design featuring carefully selected components, offering greater insight from your music.
Model: 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter
- Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminum dome high-frequency
- 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
Frequency range: -6dB at 40Hz and 33kHz
Frequency response: 52Hz – 28kHz ±3dB
Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz – 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz – 20kHz
Normal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
Recommended amplifier power: 30W – 120W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 345mm (13.5 in)
- Width: 190mm (7.5 in)
- Depth: 300mm (11.8 in) cabinet only
- 324mm (12.8 in) including grille and terminals
Net weight: 6.9kg (15.2 lb)
Cabinet finishes: Black, White, Oak
Grille finishes: Black, Grey
An all-in-one solution for your audio entertainment, whether it be Hi-Res Audio files, music streaming services, internet radio, DAB/DAB+, CDs, or even vinyl records. Bluetooth® Wireless Technology, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, and built-in Wi-Fi® let you wirelessly stream songs. Just connect the speaker of your choice, and play and listen the way you like.
Direct Energy HD Amplifier
The full-sized network CD receiver is ready to drive your speakers in quality sound, inheriting the Direct Energy Design of Pioneer’s high-end models, and equipped with the ES9016 SABRE audio DAC.
Rear Terminals for Quality Sound
The analogue audio inputs (Phono/Line), digital coaxial input, and subwoofer pre-out terminals are gold-plated to provide better sound quality. The specially selected high-grade speaker terminals are also gold-plated for audiophile performance.
Streaming Services & Internet Radio
Enjoy listening to whatever music you like with streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer. The unit is also preset with TuneIn for enjoying internet radio. With over 100,000 radio stations, you can listen to free broadcasts of music, sports, news and talk shows from around the world.
Connect with Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, and Wi-Fi
With Chromecast built-in*, you can use your mobile device to cast your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps. You can also stream songs from your music library with AirPlay, or enjoy network features via dual-band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi.
* Chromecast built-in will be available with a future firmware update.
The NC-50DAB is equipped with the phono MM input for a vinyl record player, as well as optical and coaxial digital inputs for connecting other audio sources. The unit also has a built-in high-fidelity headphone amplifier, so you can connect your headphones and enjoy quality sound.
Plug and Play External HDD
Connect an external HDD via USB, and you can easily listen to your whole music library without using your PC.
Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
You can play up to 11.2 MHz DSD (Direct Stream Digital) files, and up to 192 kHz/24-bit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and Apple Lossless files from a USB device or via a wired or wireless network.
Enjoy radio broadcasts in crystal clear sound, free of interference. The built-in DAB/DAB+ tuner lets you listen to various programmes by automatically tuning in to available stations.
3.5” Colour LCD Display
The NC-50DAB features a 3.5” colour LCD display with a user-friendly GUI. Enjoy viewing the album artwork while listening to the song.
*Some characters in filename/metadata of music files such as mp3 may not be supported.
Intuitive Control with New Pioneer Remote App (iOS/Android)
Enjoy smooth control with album artwork using your beloved device. With the free Pioneer Remote app, you can use your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch or Android smartphone for operating the network audio player or playback tunes stored on your device. You can also select internet radio stations and play songs from your media server.
* Network audio player needs to be connected to a home LAN network in a wireless LAN environment.
Supports MQA high-quality audio
NC-50DAB supports MQA, which fully authenticates and captures 100% of the original studio performance while being compact size suitable for streaming and downloads. Enjoy high-quality MQA Audio via External HDD, NAS, and USB memory. MQA encoded music is available from various music streaming services such as TIDAL, and music download sites, such as Onkyo Music in the US, UK and Germany, and e-Onkyo music in Japan.
Amplification & Design
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy HD (High Fidelity Class D)
- EI Transformer
- 50 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %)
- Aluminium Front Panel and Volume Knob
- FlareConnect™ for Multi-room Audio*1
- Chromecast built-in*1*2
- DTS Play-Fi Ready*1
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- Amazon Music*3, Spotify®*4, TIDAL*4, and Deezer*4 Music Streaming Services Ready
- Internet Radio (TuneIn)
- 2ch Parallel Drive with SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9016)
- Up to 11.2 MHz DSD Playback
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
- “P. BASS” Bass Enhancer
Connectivity & Control
- Plug and Play External HDD and US B Memory via Front/Rear USB*4
- Works with Pioneer Remote App (iOS/Android™) *5
- Built-in Wi-Fi (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.1, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Bluetooth Auto Reconnect
- Bluetooth Wakeup
- 5” Colour LC D Display for Album Artwork and Song Information
- DAB/DAB+ Tuner
- FM Tuner with 40 Station Presets
- Firmware Update (USB/Network)
- USB 2 In (1 Front, 1 Rear) Type-A, for USB Drive/HDD
- Ethernet 1 In
- Phones 1 Out
- Selected High-Grade Speaker Terminals (Gold-Plated)
- Analogue Audio 2 In (Phono/Line, Gold-Plated)
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Gold-Plated)
- Digital Optical 1 In
- Subwoofer Preout (Gold-Plated)
- Power Requirement: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 50 W
- Power Consumption During Standby: 0.3 W (2.5 W Network Standby On)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 103 x 333 mm
- Weight: 6.4 kg