The Wood Fibre Woofer and Hybrid Soft Dome/Ribbon Tweeter combined to produce a seemingly effortlessly transparent image that reflects the passion and energy of a live performance across a staggering soundstage that extends across the entire room with a coherent and open mid-range both epic and intimate.
Just under 90cm in height, the physical presence of the OPTICON 5 hardly dominates a room, but the almighty sound it is capable of emitting will demand every last iota of attention from the listeners inside it.
Complete with gold-plated bi-wiring terminals and in the OPTICON livery of White Matt Satin, Black or Walnut finishes and with high-gloss white or black front baffle, the DALI OPTICON 5 is the loudspeaker of choice for the avid audio enthusiast whose speaker space comes at a premium.
- Proprietary DALI tweeters and woofers
- Hand-assembled with in-house built cabinet construction
- Unique SMC-based magnet motor system
- Low-loss Wood Fibre Woofers
- Hybrid Tweeter consisting of ultra-light Soft Dome and Ribbon Tweeter
- Gold-plated bi-wiring and bi-amping
- Available in White Matt Satin, Black and Walnut
The mounting of the drivers and the final tests and approvals on each and every speaker is also handled directly at our own assembly lines in our Danish factory.
All elements of the DALI drivers are designed, produced and manufactured in-house in DALI.
Dali MDF Cabinets
Keeping the manufacturing of the OPTICON series firmly in the hands of DALI we utilize our large and efficient woodworking facility in Denmark to handle everything from cutting out the Medium Density Fibreboard MDF cabinet to applying the vinyl.
In the OPTICON woofer magnet motor system, the pole piece is purely constructed of SMC. SMC?s unique ability to deliver a high magnetic conductivity and a very low electrical conductivity delivers all the wanted qualities of a really good speaker magnet without the traditional downsides.
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz] – 51 – 32,000
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB] – 88.0
- Nominal Impedance [ohms] – 4
- Maximum SPL [dB] – 107
- Recommended Amplifier Power [W] – 30 – 150
- Crossover Frequency [Hz] – 2,400 / 14,000
- Crossover Principle – 2 + ½-way
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Quantity – 1 x 17 x 45 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Diaphragm type – Ribbon
- Hybrid tweeter module, High frequency driver, Quantity – 1 x 28 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, High frequency driver Diaphragm type – Soft Textile Dome
- Midrange driver, Quantity – 1 x 6 1/2″
- Midrange driver, Diaphragm type – Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure type – Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz] – 43.0
- Connection Input – Bi-Wiring
- Magnetic Shielding – No
- Recommended Placement – Floor
- Recommended Distance from Wall [cm – 20 – 80
- Dimensions with Base (HxWxD) [mm – 891 x 195 x 310
- Weight [kg] – 15.6
- Assembly Tools
- Rubber Bumpers
- Spikes M8