The OPTICON 8 is the pinnacle of the range. A towering floor-stander blessed with the best in DALI’s cutting-edge technology. If you want to move air with the ultimate in power and precision, the 8 is your answer.
With a capacious cabinet, 2 x 8 inch low-loss Wood Fibre Woofers to render the deep bass joined by a 6½ inch low-loss Wood Fibre Woofer to handle the mid-range and our trademark Hybrid Tweeter with a Soft Dome and Ribbon Tweeter, the OPTICON 8 is capable of filling even the largest rooms with utterly immersive audio.
This impressive 3 + ½-way system leaves nothing out and delivers punchy bass, refined mid-range and high-definition high frequencies. Enhancing the quality of any source and putting in a performance that will eke out even the subtlest sounds of the recording.
Also featuring the same gold-plated bi-wiring terminals as the rest of the range, the OPTICON 8 loudspeaker is a riot of deep bass and mid- and high-range perfection.
- Proprietary DALI tweeters and woofers
- Hand-assembled with in-house built cabinet construction
- Unique SMC-based magnet motor system
- Low-loss Wood Fibre Woofers
- Hybrid Tweeter consisting of ultra-light Soft Dome and Ribbon Tweeter
- Gold-plated bi-wiring and bi-amping
- Available in White Matt Satin, Black and Walnut
The mounting of the drivers and the final tests and approvals on each speaker is also handled directly at our own assembly lines in our Danish factory.
All elements of the DALI drivers are designed, produced and manufactured in-house in DALI.
Dali MDF Cabinets
Keeping the manufacturing of the OPTICON series firmly in the hands of DALI we utilize our large and efficient woodworking facility in Denmark to handle everything from cutting out the Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) cabinet to applying the vinyl.
In the OPTICON woofer magnet motor system, the pole piece is purely constructed of SMC. SMC’s unique ability to deliver a high magnetic conductivity and a very low electrical conductivity delivers all the wanted qualities of a good speaker magnet without the traditional downsides.
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz] – 38 – 32,000
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB] – 88.0
- Nominal Impedance [ohms] – 4
- Maximum SPL [dB] – 112
- Recommended Amplifier Power [W] – 40 – 300
- Crossover Frequency [Hz] – 390 / 2,300 / 14,000
- Crossover Principle – 3 + ½-way
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Quantity – 1 x 17 x 45 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, Super high freq. driver, Diaphragm type – Ribbon
- Hybrid tweeter module, High-frequency driver, Quantity – 1 x 28 mm
- Hybrid tweeter module, High-frequency driver Diaphragm type – Soft Textile Dome
- Midrange driver, Quantity – 1 x 6 1/2″
- Midrange driver, Diaphragm type – Wood Fibre Cone
- Low-frequency driver, Quantity – 2 x 8″
- Low-frequency driver, Diaphragm type – Wood Fibre Cone
- Enclosure Type – Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz] – 29.5
- Connection Input – Bi-Wiring
- Magnetic Shielding – No
- Recommended Placement – Floor
- Recommended Distance From Wall [cm] – 30 – 150
- Dimensions with Base (HxWxD) [mm] – 1140 x 241 x 450
- Weight [kg] – 34.8
- Assembly Tools
- Rubber Bumpers
- Spikes M8