Unlike some subwoofers, the DALI SUB C-8 D has been engineered to perform equally well with both music and movies. It is very important to us that a subwoofer can render a performance true to the input signal. Therefore, a DALI subwoofer is everything but a ‘boombox’.
Placing a subwoofer is a very large part of creating the perfect audio reproduction. We recommend placing the SUB-C-8 D in a corner or if that is not possible alongside a wall. This will maximise the bass output and the distribution around the room. The compact size of the SUB-C-8 D makes placing it correctly much easier than many larger subwoofers. DALI recommends using the SUB-C-8 D with the ZENSOR and SPEKTOR series.
Over the years our engineers have developed a set of sound design principles. Today these are applied in the creation of any DALI speaker. Naturally, our subwoofers must be able to enter any setup without sacrificing the purpose of providing wide dispersion, time coherence, and low-loss performance. Therefore, the DALI SUB C-8 D will feel equally at home in a movie focused surround setup as well as a compact stereo setup meant for mainly musical enjoyment.
All amplifiers in DALI subwoofers have the stamina to keep a high-yield performance and the headroom to draw out that little extra when needed.
All DALI subwoofers are compatible with almost any amplifier, receiver, or processor due to the choice of LFE or LINE inputs.
Elegant And Simple Design
The cabinet is designed to fit perfectly to the size of the woofer, but without forgoing the inner volume that is needed to produce a powerful bass performance.
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz] 33 – 200
- Maximum SPL [dB] 109
- Crossover Frequency [Hz] 40 – 120
- Low-frequency driver, Quantity 1 x 8″ long stroke
- Low-frequency driver, Diaphragm type Paper Fibre Cone
- Enclosure type Bass Reflex
- Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz] 0
- Amplifier Power Output [RMS watt] 220
- Continous IEC Power Output [RMS watt] 170
- Input Impedance [ohms] 25k
- Mono (LFE)
- Stereo (low-pass filtered)
- Magnetic Shielding No
- Recommended Placement Floor
- Recommended Distance From Wall [cm] 10 – 30
- Crossover Frequency
- Phase Switch
- Standby (Auto Power) On/Off Switch
- Volume (Gain)
- Power Consumption [W] 250
- Standby Power Consumption [W] 4
- Idle Power Consumption[W] 4
- Dimensions With Base (HxWxD) [mm] 335 x 295 x 310
- Weight [kg] 4