Definitive Technology Demand D9 Bookshelf Speakers
R17,500.00 Incl. VAT
Demand Series High-Performance Bookshelf Speakers
- 1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter with 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™ and Laterally Offset Tweeter Assembly
- Laterally Offset Tweeter Assembly
- BDSS™ (Balanced Double Surround System) Midrange/woofer
- Integrated passive bass radiator in each speaker produces superior low-end extension
Demand Series D9
Definitive Technology Demand D9 high-performance bookshelf speakers deliver full-range, room-filling sound and precise imaging in modern, elegant styling. Featuring technology advancements to both our aluminum dome tweeter and midrange/woofer sections, each speaker delivers an unrivaled sweet spot, smoother high-frequency reproduction, and three-dimensional imaging for the most technically-advanced, premium bookshelf listening experience.
- 1″ ALUMINUM DOME TWEETER
WITH 20/20 WAVE ALIGNMENT LENS™ AND LATERALLY OFFSET TWEETER ASSEMBLY
Coupled with our new 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™, our annealed aluminum dome tweeter delivers smoother high-frequency response and improved dispersion for a rich and balanced listening experience. Offsetting the tweeter by 5° delivers a more precise center stereo image by eliminating undesirable symmetric diffraction off the corners of the front baffle.
- EXTRUDED ALUMINUM FRONT BAFFLE
Clean, modern industrial design with a bead blasted finish provides a timeless look and feel that fits any décor.
- LINEAR RESPONSE WAVEGUIDE™
Patented Linear Response Waveguide extends both on and off-axis frequency response while improving dispersion for more natural mid-range timbre and more precise imaging.
- BDSS™ MIDRANGE/WOOFER
Patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) midrange/woofer provides greater excursion and output that results in superior mid-range detail and punchier bass compared to drivers of similar size.
Passive Bass Radiator
An integrated passive bass radiator in each speaker produces superior low-end extension. Plus, the addition of a larger spider reduces rocking and increases linearity for deep, tight, clean bass response.
Annealed Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Our annealed aluminum tweeters are precision engineered to articulate nuance and detail in the high-frequency bands for a crystal-clear listening experience.
Painted Gloss Black Cabinet
Each cabinet is hand-crafted to blend seamlessly with your lifestyle—meticulously sanded, painted with five layers of premium black gloss paint, then buffed for a near-mirror finish (Level 6) for an uncompromising look in your home.
Acoustically Transparent Magnetic Grille
The included acoustically transparent magnetic black speaker grilles provide natural, uncolored sound when placed on the speaker, and remove easily when you want to enjoy looking at them fully uncovered.
- Total Pieces: 2
- Included Accessories
- (2) Acoustically transparent magnetic black speaker grilles
- Optional Accessories
- (1) ST1 Demand Series Speaker Stands (Pair) – Sold Separately
- Qty Included: Pair
- Orientation: Vertical
- Height: 11.71″ (29.74 cm)
- Width: 6.5″ (16.51 cm)
- Depth: 11.97″ (30.4 cm)
- Driver Enclosure Type: MDF cabinet with extruded natural bead-blasted aluminum front baffle
- Driver Complement
- (1) 5.25″ (13.34 cm) d (Round) Polypropylene BDSS Bass – Mid/Woofer
- (1) 1″ (2.54 cm) d (Round) Annealed Aluminum Dome and Laterally Offset – Tweeter
- (1) 5″ (12.7 cm) h x 9″ (22.86 cm) w (Oval) Passive – Bass Radiator
- Total Frequency Response: 48 Hz → 24,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 88 dB
- Lower and Upper -3dB Limits: 64 Hz → 22,000 Hz
- Audio Inputs
- Speaker Inputs
- (1) (Set) 5-Way Binding Posts – Gold Plated
- Mounting Type: 1/4 in – 20 Threaded Insert
- Available Orientations: Vertical
- Mounting Location: Bottom of Speakers
- Mounting Type
- Available Orientations: Vertical
- Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel: 20 watts → 150 watts
- A/V Receiver Crossover Settings: Small (80 Hz)
|Dimensions||40 × 20 × 40 cm|