Focal Sopra N°2 – 3-Way Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)
- Tin colour (front panel)
- Concrete finish (side panels)
Sopra N°2 is the new epitome of today’s premium loudspeakers. It perfectly combines dynamics, space optimisation and harmonic richness.
Sopra n°2 clearly inaugurates a new era for the “Premium High End” by taking into account new performance criteria. Compact, modern, a pure design, character… all these are essential factors to ensure perfect integration into your interior.
Equipped with best midrange drivers ever developed by Focal, with the NIC and TMD technologies, Sopra n°2 pushes back the limits of sound reproduction in terms of transparency in a very compact enclosure. Indeed, unlike Utopia, which is extravagant by essence and where size is by no means a constraint, Sopra aims for maximal compactness to ensure easy integration into reasonably sized rooms. Sopra n°2 is perfectly at ease in rooms measuring up to 320ft2 (30m2), and is even ideal for larger rooms measuring up to 750ft2 (70m2).
|Type||Three-way Bass-reflex floor standing loudspeaker|
|Drivers||Two 7″ (18cm) “W” woofer 61/2″ (16.5cm) “W” midrange with TMD suspension, NIC motor11/16″ (27mm) IHL Beryllium inverted dome tweeter|
|Frequency response (+/- 3dB)||34Hz – 40kHz|
|Low frequency point – 6dB||28Hz|
|Sensitivity (2.83V / 1m)||91dB|
|Nom. impedance||8 Ohms|
|Minimum impedance||3.1 Ohms|
|Crossover frequency||250Hz / 2 200Hz|
|Recommended amplifier power||40 – 300W|
|Dimensions (HxLxP)||462 7/ 3 2×143/32×2117/64″ (1 190x358x540mm)|
|Net weight||122lbs (55kg)|
Naim HiCap DR Compact Audio Power Supply
It may be small, but the HiCap’s talent for maximising your system’s musicality should not be underestimated. A compact power supply partner for almost all of our preamplifiers plus our phono stages and active crossover components, its large toroidal transformer and generous, high-quality smoothing capacitors ensure excellent performance and value. NAC 282 preamplifier owners can enjoy an even better performance by adding an additional, second HiCap to their system.
- Two 24V power outputs
- All-new Discrete Regulator (DR) configuration, delivering Naim Audio’s best-ever standards of stable, low-noise power
- Bead-blasted, black-anodized aluminium chassis plus anti-vibration, resonance controlling feet
|Case||Black powder coated|
|Front||Bead blasted and black anodised|
|Power Outputs||2 x 24V|
|Shipping Weight||9.5 kg|
|Shipping Dimensions||210 x 280 x 410 mm|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||87 x 207 x 314 mm|
|Mains Supply||100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz|
|Other||Power-Line Lite mains cable (UK denominations only)|
Naim NAPSC Power Supply
The compact NAPSC comes as standard with the NAC 282 preamplifier and it can also be used as an upgrade for the NAC 202 or to power the HeadLine headphone amplifier. It’s a small but important link in the chain in extracting the highest levels of musical performance from these hi-fi components.
- 18V power output
- Bead-blasted, black-anodised aluminium chassis plus anti-vibration feet
- Convenient and compact size at just 12cm wide
Naim NAP 250 DR Power Amplifier
Few components in the history of hi-fi can match the pedigree of the mighty NAP 250. First introduced in 1975, its regular updates – both aesthetic and technical – have kept it at the very forefront of power amplifier performance for more than three decades, creating unforgettable musical experiences for countless music lovers worldwide.
The latest NAP 250 lives up to the challenge set by its predecessors. Housed in the low-resonance, anodised aluminium enclosure of the Classic Series, it delivers 80W per channel (into 8ohms) with all the speed, power and agility needed to unleash your music.
- 80W per channel output into 8 ohms
- Large custom-designed transformer providing 400VA of transient power
- Advanced 009 output transistors, as used in our reference NAP 500 and Statement power amplifier
Naim NAC 282 Preamplifier
Step up from the NAC 202 and you arrive at the outstanding NAC 282, which includes the NAPSC power supply unit optionally available on its sibling. The NAPSC independently powers the NAC 282’s digital and control circuits, leaving its audio circuits to either the power supply of a NAC 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier, or to one of our standalone FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap power supplies. The result is even greater transparency and superior musicality plus, of course, all the flexibility you’d expect from one of our preamplifiers.
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- Silent microprocessor control that sleeps during listening
- Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
Performance upgradable with FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap power supply; can also be powered from the preamp inputs of the NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier
Naim NDX2 Network Music Player
With its world-class performance, the versatile and upgradable NDX 2 embodies the current state of the art. A host of features such as high-res UPnPTM streaming, AirPlay, AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in, Bluetooth (aptX HD), Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Qobuz, Roon compatibility, vTuner internet radio and multiroom streaming as well as digital and USB inputs provide all the connectivity you could wish for.
Our main focus in developing the NDX 2 network player, however, was its performance. Along with Naim’s bespoke streaming platform, we implemented an upgraded DAC and discrete analogue stages. These and numerous other improvements over its acclaimed predecessor make the NDX 2 a sonic force to be reckoned with, offering highly immersive and lively replay quality.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 32bit/384kHz resolution from Naim Audio hard disk servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, M4A and MP3. Gapless playback on all file formats
- Four 24bit/192kHz capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- 5” colour display presenting album artwork as well as track information
- Built-in Chromecast allows you to stream from hundreds of supported smartphone or tablet apps (192kHz)
- Apple AirPlay – stream music from your iOS device or from iTunes and Apple Music
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Native support for Qobuz with true high-res streaming up to 24-bit/192kHz quality.
- Native support for TIDAL streaming service with free 90 day trial of lossless HiFi tier
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player and USB-stored audio (1.6A charge)
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Multiroom & Party Mode compatible
- iOS and Android Naim Audio app for intuitive control
- Bluetooth connectivity with aptX HD codec for quality audio playback
- Thanks to RC5 system integration, you can control compatible amplifiers that are connected to your network player directly from the Naim app on a phone or tablet.
- Bi-directional, Zigbee®-compatible remote control
- Roon ready – turning your music collection into a beautifully laid out catalogue
Naim Super Lumina High-end Speaker Cables
During the development of Statement, our flagship amplification system, our engineers realised that they would need to design a whole new range of high-performance cables for it to reach its true potential.
With this in mind they began a development project to design interconnects and speaker cable that would meet Statement standards of performance. Through a deep understanding of material science and after thousands of hours testing in the listening room, the Super Lumina range was born.
Designed to maximise the performance of Statement but equally at home in 500 Series and Classic Series systems, Super Lumina speaker cables are available with 4mm or spade connectors.
Super Lumina speaker cables are designed to minimise the effect of external and internal interference sources and preserve maximum signal fidelity.
The fundamental cable design consists of several individually-insulated multi-strand silver-plated copper conductors of varying diameters enclosed in a tin-plated copper shield. This is all enclosed in a soft outer jacket which facilitates easy installation whilst minimising microphonic interference. Each signal, return, ground and shield conductor is individually manufactured for its specific function.
Each Super Lumina cable is hand-assembled at Naim Audio in Salisbury to the customer’s specification of length and termination. The process is intricate and highly-skilled, following detailed instructions which cover every aspect of the build. Every cable also goes through a proprietary de-stressing process to relieve the materials of the inherent stresses which are a result of the manufacturing process. This means the cables reach optimum performance with minimal run in time.