The output of a phono cartridge is vanishingly small and easily polluted by RFI and EMI. Every element of signal transfer must be perfectly engineered to avoid distortion that robs music of life. If you`re going to the trouble of playing vinyl why swamp the low‐level signal in a veritable soup of noisy distortion right at its source!
All enthusiasts are looking for the same qualities: Verisimilitude to the original event, a sense of engagement promoting suspension of disbelief, an immersion in audio and video experience. Engaging without effort requires meticulous preparation of the entire playback chain especially including cables and most importantly at the signal source.
The Ag-12 Phono Cable achieves its remarkably quiet soundstage and transparent presentation with α (Alpha) silver-plated µ-OFC conductors, four‐layer shielding, and external ground wire, even a specially engineered cable clamp to improve grip and avoid any potential distortion.
All metal parts are treated with Furutech’s Two-Step Cryogenic and Demagnetizing Alpha Process.
• α (Alpha) Silver-plated μ-OFC conductors
• Four-layer shielding for improved noise insulation
• Four-way grounding and external ground wire
• Insulation/Dielectric: Air-foam polyethylene
• Connectors: Furutech-engineered Rhodium-plated DIN connector or L-DIN connector and FP-126(R) α (Alpha) OCC RCA connectors
• Carefully engineered cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanical and electrically-induced distortion
• Dimensions: Cable diameter approx. 9.5 mm • Overall length: 1.2M/set