The LX-3 is a two-way design, combining the 25mm Mission tweeter with two mid/bass drivers. The LX-3 floor-stander positions the tweeter between the twin mid/bass drivers in a ‘D’Appolito’ configuration, rather than above both drivers in conventional fashion, similarly to the LX1 and LX2.
While high performance mid/bass and treble units are the foundation of a great sounding speaker, if the cabinet is not properly reinforced it can be an unruly source of unwanted noise. To prevent this, extensive research and development was carried out by the designers of Mission to ensure internal cabinet robustness, eliminating any unwanted cabinet resonances and vibrations. Using a combination of CAD analysis, a lot of experimentation and extensive listening tests, the cabinet within each speaker has been braced at key points which means that the full frequency range is clear and detailed.
• Bass reflex enclosure
• 2-way speakers
• 2 x 130mm advanced fibre bass driver
• 25mm microfibre dome tweeter
- 86.5dB sensitivity 1w @ 1m
• 20-100W recommended amp power
• 6 Ohms nominal impedance
• 3.6 Ohms minimum impedance
• 42Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 2.2kHz crossover frequency
• Dimensions: 920mm x 191mm x 275mm