2M 78 features:
– An improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy
– Spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm shellac records, which require a larger stylus profile
– 2M 78 uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
The 2M 78 Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount tonearms.
Exclusive Plug-and-Play MkII solution
The 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
– Universal mount fitting a wide range of S-shaped tonearms.
– Weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 20g
– The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
– Elegant hi-tech design
– Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with the Ortofon TA-110/ TA-210 tonearms, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 4 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz –
Channel separation at 1 kHz –
Channel separation at 15 kHz –
Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-20.000 Hz
Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 æm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 18 æm/mN
Stylus type – Spherical
Stylus tip radius – R 65 æm
Tracking force range – 1,6-2,0g 16-20 mN
Tracking force, recommended – 1,8 g 18 mN
Tracking angle – 20ø
Internal impedance, DC resistance – 700 Ohm
Internal inductance – 350 mH
Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Grey
Cartridge weight without screws – 7,2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight – 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length – 52 mm