- Vanishing® Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series RT speakers are timbre-matched to Polk RTi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- Dual band-pass bass ports are highly efficient in small enclosures, and smoothly funnels the angled woofer’s low frequencies down around the driver array, eliminating “chuffing,” so your small, practically invisible in-ceiling speakers achieve superior full-range blending and broad coverage with surprisingly deep bass.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) Pre-Construction Brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
Depth – 9.28″ (23.57 cm)
- 25″ (8.26 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance driver with mineral-filled polypropylene cone – Midrange
- 75″ (1.91 cm) d (Round) Silk/polymer dome – Tweeter
- 9″ (22.86 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance woofer with mineral-filled polypropylene cone – Subwoofer
Grille Dimensions – 9.63″ (24.46 cm) diameter
Shape – Round
Dimensions – 8.19″ (20.8 cm) diameter
Total Frequency Response – 30 Hz → 27,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance – 8 ohms
Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 metre) – 90 dB
Lower and Upper -3dB Limits – 43 Hz → 25,000 Hz
Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel – 10 watts → 125 watts
Speaker Inputs – Pair of Push Connectors – Gold-Plated