The new Sennheiser Set 860
Your + in TV sound experience
As we get older, it becomes more difficult for our ears to pick up sounds and voices. But when we turn up the TV volume, we often disturb others – our partners, our neighbors. The Sennheiser Set 860 solves this dilemma. It not only enables you to set the volume to your taste without bothering anyone, it also allows you to tailor the audio signal itself to your personal needs. Thus, you may even find you can turn the volume down a bit and still enjoy your TV sound in new clarity and crispness.
Crisp and clear
Your + in effortless listening
With the Sennheiser Set 860 you have your TV sound directly at your ear with no distraction coming in the way. Even more important: You are able to adjust your TV sound just the way you need it. You can choose between three different preset hearing profiles at the mere push of a button, optimizing speech or music to fit your hearing needs. You can shift the left/right volume balance to improve sound for a “weaker” ear. You can even switch from stereo to mono to get the full audio content in each ear. A unique treat is the Speech Intelligibility function, which reduces TV background noise while enhancing speech. You will see how much more fun it is watching TV when you can follow dialog effortlessly.
Light and breezy
Your + in comfort
The Sennheiser Set 860 keeps things light. Its lightweight under-the-chin headset applies no pressure to the head, adjusts automatically as you put it on, and does not interfere with glasses or your hairstyle. Advanced wireless technology ensures a stable connection to the docking station within the range of up to 70 m 200 ft. So, you can go into the kitchen to get a drink while still listening to your TV program. No need to worry about the battery, either. It has a playing time of up to 18 hours from a single charge and thus will accompany you even through the longest TV sessions. The battery recharges automatically when you put the headset on the docking station.
Simple and easy
Your+ in independence
From the unboxing to the actual listening session, with the Sennheiser Set 860 you always know exactly what to do. Setup is extremely fast and straightforward. Buttons are few, large and clearly marked. You will be able to handle the controls without even looking. Battery and connection status are indicated by easy to read LEDs. The Set 860 even switches on and off automatically, to prevent the battery running flat unintentionally.
What’s in the box?
- Headphones with built-in Li-Polymer rechargeable battery
- Docking station
- 1 pair of ear pads for small ears
- Power supply with national adapters for EU, UK, US and AUS
- TV Optical cable for digital audio out
- TV Connection cable 3.5 mm for headphone audio out
- Instruction manual
- Frequency response Headphones – 15 Hz – 16kHz
- Sound pressure level SPL – 125 dB at 1 kHz, 3 % THD
- Weight – 61g incl. rechargeable battery
- Charging time – up to 3hrs
- Range -Up to 70m /200ft
- Signal-to-noise ratio
– analog input: typ. 83 dBA at 1 Vrms
– digital input: > 90 dBA
- Operating time – up to 18 hrs
- Battery Specification – BAP 800 lithium polymer rechargeable battery
- Frequency band – 2,400 – 2,483.5 MHz
– digital input: optical supported data
– streams: PCM/Stereo
– analog input: 3.5 mm jack socket
- Transmission method – Digital FM
- Earpad material – Silicone
- Hearing Profiles – 3
- Charging Reminder – Acoustic & optical signal