The new Sennheiser Set 880
Your + in-home entertainment sound experience
As we age, our ears need some assistance in order to pick up speech effortlessly or enjoy music to the full. This is not only a matter of overall volume but also of processing the audio signal as a whole. So, just turning the TV louder is no solution, apart from the fact that it disturbs the people around us. Enter the Sennheiser Set 880: It lets you personalize your listening experience according to your needs, without affecting your environment. The Set 880 can be connected to two audio sources at once, so you don’t have to unplug and plugin just to switch between TV and radio, for example. Rediscover the joys of listening to your home audio equipment.
Crisp and clear
Your + in effortless listening
The Set 880 delivers the boosted sound of your TV and radio sound directly to your ears, without any distractions, so no details will be lost. With a choice of five different preset hearing profiles, you always have the right one at hand to optimize speech or music. You can shift the left/right volume balance to improve sound for a “weaker” ear. You can even switch from stereo to mono to get the full audio content in each ear. A unique feature is the Speech Intelligibility function: It reduces TV background noise for you to follow spoken dialog effortlessly. You will see how much more fun it is watching TV or listening to music when the sound is tailored to your needs.
Compact and unobtrusive
Your + in comfort
Though it brims with features, the Sennheiser Set 880 is sleek and slim. Its lightweight under-the-chin headset applies no pressure to the head, adjusts automatically as you put it on, and does not interfere with your hairstyle or your glasses. Advanced wireless technology ensures a stable connection to the docking station within the range of up to 70 m 200 ft. So, you can go to the kitchen to get a drink while still listening to your program. No need to worry about the battery, either. With up to 18 hours from a single charge the Set 880 lets you listen as long as you like. It recharges automatically as soon as you put the headset on the docking station.
Simple and easy
Your + in independence
From unboxing to the actual listening session, with the Set 880 you always know exactly what to do. Setup is extremely easy and straightforward. Buttons are few, large, and clearly marked, so you don’t need glasses to identify them. The same goes for the easy to read LEDs that indicate the battery and connection status at a glance. The Set 880 even switches on and off automatically, so its battery will not run flat accidentally.
What’s in the box?
- Headphones with built-in Li-Polymer rechargeable battery
- Docking station
- 1 pair of ear pads for small ears
- Power supply with national adapters for EU, UK, US, and AUS
- TV Optical cable for digital audio out
- TV Connection cable 3.5 mm for headphone audio out
- Instruction manual
- Frequency response Headphones – 15 Hz – 16kHz
- Sound pressure level SPL – 125 dB at 1kHz, 3% THD
- Weight – 61g incl. rechargeable battery
- Charging time – up to 3hrs
- Range – Up to 70m /200ft
- Signal-to-noise ratio
– analog input: typ. 83 dBA at 1 Vrms
– digital input: > 90 dBA
- Operating time – up to 18 hrs
- Battery Specification – BAP 800 lithium polymer rechargeable battery
- Frequency band – 2,400 – 2,483.5 MHz
– digital input: optical supported data
– streams: PCM/Stereo
– analog input: 3.5 mm jack socket
- Transmission method – Digital FM
- Earpad material – Silicone
- Hearing Profiles – 5
- Charging Reminder – Acoustic & optical signal